View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 AM

Default recovery time from flare ups

This varies but it seems that the flare ups for lumbar area are shorter in nature over the years and I definately spend less time in bed recovering as it used to be weeks (8 was the longest one bedridden flare up lasted) or flareups right on the heels of another so multiples landing me in bed.

I've been on the same meds for years now (7) so I don't know what the explanation is for this and I haven't exactly avoided activities that used to flare me up really easily except for sitting~ this can give me a lumbar flare up so quickly and will last longer if I try any prolonged sitting.

The cervicial stuff is driving me nutz. I'm not used to cervical flare ups and they seem to be following the pattern of my lumbar ones in the early days.

I can't stand to have my neck bothering me!!!!! So I guess I'd say the cervical flare ups are coming in quicker intervals and lasting longer (opposite of lumbar).

edit to say that once I've reached the *edge* of a flare up, it's going to come on. If I ignore the warning signs, it will be a more prolonged, painful and debilitating flare.

Last edited by Maria; 07-07-2008 at 02:12 PM.