View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 04:20 PM

Default injectable Toradol

So far I've not read anything that would contraindicate my use of 60mg IM of this medication once or twice a month. I decided I might need an oral muscle relaxer so have been occasionaly used Skelaxin and it helps but makes me feel sort of sick and *left over* the next day.

I picked a script for Skelaxin at the pharmacy yesterday. Using my BCBS insurance I paid $45 out of pocket for a script that I was told would have cost $191 w/o insurance for 60 count/800mg. In TJ injectable Toradol was $22 for 3 30mg doses. I prefer an occasional injection if it is safe and in Urgent Care I only pay $25 for copay re visit.

I find the IM dose of 60mg of Toradol alleviates my cervical muscle spasms really well, lumbar pretty good and definately alleviates a migraine for me. Next week I'll see my PM and ask him again about safety of this drug/frequency (I don't think twice/mo is overuse) while clarifying I'm not asking him to provide it for me on this frequency, just inquiring if he considers it safe to use twice monthly as needed.

Last edited by Maria; 07-19-2008 at 05:02 PM.