View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up wow, oh wow

i am amazed at how far you have come with your observations of the many many surgeries your are allowed to sit in on! what an amazing experience it must be.
when i had my first laminectomy way back in 1979, i didn't learn of what my surgeon did till months and months afterward, as i didn't even want to know, the thought of it made me sick to my stomach, but through the years of chronic pain, and what they actually did do, or screw up, it made me realize how much more informed i needed to be if i were to have any kind of surgery in the future. and on a side note, after my Pro-disc surgery, a Doctor friend of mine told me for my records to get the surgery notes from the hospital, and the nurses notes on after-care, which i have and are extremely interesting, and i encourage all of you to do the same! not sure it's the same practice out of the states. but maybe a valuable tool for any future care to know what difficulties you may have gone through while under the knife.
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds