View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 PM

Default Tingling Fingers

I have a question about tingling sensation in the fingers for those who have experienced the sensation.

I've done some research and read that the Median Nerve can be affected from nerve roots in the Cervical Spine from C5 to T1.

Last night while sleeping I awoke on my stomach with my neck twisted, and I immediately felt my index finger and thumb on my left hand tingling. I changed positions and moved my fingers for a few seconds and within a minute the tingling sensation was gone.

My fingers felt the same way your foot or arm would feel and most people would refer to as the sensation being "My foot fell asleep".

I have cervical problems for sure, but what I'm trying to figure out and I have not seen anywhere online, is this:

Is it possible to get in a position in which the blood supply is cut off to a certain artery in such a fashion as it could cause SELECTIVE "falling asleep" as opposed to an entire limb "falling asleep"?

I've also investigated the possibility of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome some, but I feel ZERO pain. Just the tingling.

This has happened 2x in the past month, both for very short duration... a minute or less.

HealthSynergyRx.com