View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 AM

Hi Mark (it feels funny having the same name lol)

I can show you part of the letter from my consultant that shows in detail what they are planning to do. It is highly possible i will need 2 ADR's above a fusion but not all Dr's are enlightened enough to do 3 ADR's in a row in the UK, that's why it's good to hear from people in the US because as you know we usually get new procedures from you. That said, there are some Dr's here that are happy to entertain multiple ADR surgery - just not my one.

Procedure: Discography. Some pain at L4/5, and no response to injection clinically post op.

The patient's pain has continued. He would like to go ahead with surgery. I have placed him on the waiting list for an L4/5 disc replacement, L5/S1 fusion anteriorly, and in the interim have arranged a new MRI scan. Should the scan show any difference to that which we have seen in the past, particularly at L3/4, we may need to change his procedure to a 2 level disc replacement with a fusion at L5/S1. We will review the MRI scan results, and if we change the procedure, we will contact the patient"