View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 04:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to CurlsGirl

Following ADR in 2003 which resolved my spinal pain, I was left with severe right sided neuropathy from hip to foot, primarily affecting the foot. My pain management doctor trialled me on several anticonvulsants before settling on Neurontin 900mg three times a day. Brain fog, lack of concentration were all part and parcel of the drug however the relief it gave me was worth it. I went from being wheelchair bound as the pain precluded me from walking to being mobile at least.

I remained on Neurontin in combination with Oxycontin, Mobic and Endep, until mid 2005 when I was switched over to Lyrica, the dose of Neurontin was reduced as the Lyrica was introduced. For me Lyrica has been marvellous. The side effects are minimal, (excluding the weight gain!) and it gives me a far better pain coverage. I have also been able to return to work for a few hours per week, something I haven't done since 2003.

I still search for a resolution of the pain but at least it is bearable with the aid of Lyrica!

Happy days
Dette