View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Cheryl,
I can relate to taking the husband with you. It is sad that you actually get taken a bit more seriously when your husband is there. If I have an important appt. or I have a lot of pain or new symptoms I insist my husband go. I am a nurse and I know my Dr.s and I still get that "neurotic female" treatment. I don't think it is intentional and I doubt they are aware of it. My husband being with me just seems to give them confirmation to my complaints.

So my Appt. last week it didn't work so well and I am just asking for a lousy MRI! Lets see...I might get the cervical MRI if the HMO LORDS approve it. However I was told that inspite of my continued back and leg pain 19 mos post Dynesys L5-S1 a lumbar MRI is not justified....wow...but yet he agreed and ordered the cervical without laying a hand on me and my cervical issues are new. He didn't even check ROM. Guess I am missing something here.
And the really bad news is, what he didn't tell me before my dynesys, I am not a canidate for ADR now. Seems he kinda brushed over that part before surgery....and this from a surgeon I worked with many years.
Seems I need to be less trusting and more proactive....
If I asked for a discogram I may have to give my first born child....

Last edited by fireyangel76; 09-15-2008 at 08:01 AM.