View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 AM

Default Betsy

Mark accompanied me to one of my most important surgical opinions/visits/consultations as it was a 2nd surgical opinion to decide whether surgery would be authorized by WC for the 2nd time (meaning WC verbally authorized two level ADR surgery in 03 for me but then rescinded this authorization when CA WC legislation was changing in 05). It took till '06 to get authorization again (now written authorization documented) and Mark went with me to that visit and I felt his expertise was beneficial in terms of communicating with the Neurosurgeon and how the outcome of my case turned out. Actually without him I'm sure I would not have even made it as the time of the appt. was changed by several hours because of an emergency the Neuro had to attend. By the time of the appt. I was completely exhausted and not even able to think straight let alone speak clearly for myself without groaning (thanks infinity Mark).

Ok, anyway, I do know HMOs are a pain in terms of authorizing and esp. if out of network (worked for managed care/HMOs the last 14 years of employment) so I do wish you all the best~ please keep us posted!

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 07:15 PM.