View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM

Default I live in the wrong city for neck problems

Just got back from the new doc. After going into all of the politics of his office and he himself called it a soap opera , He is “willing” to treat me. He’s a physiatrist though so he’s just doing injections and diagnostic tests. I will be getting another facet block injection with a different medication on c5- c7 next week. Next he’ll order EMG and CT myleography. Apparantly I live in the wrong city for a cervical discogram because he said no doctor in Charlotte will do them since someone was paralyzed and here is a quadripalegic who is suing the radiologist.
He used the exact quote that Mark mentioned above about my films not justifying my pain.

I am so sick of the doctor politics and egos I could scream. Luckily I did work in corportate america and I know how to "play the game" so I held myself together today with my friend by my side and at least we are moving forward now.
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid

Last edited by Cheryl; 09-23-2008 at 08:41 PM.