View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Settling In

Well, it's saturday afternoon around 4pm. I just got back from my first real walk. The abdominal pain (although certainly real) was not my problem. The issue was my continual reaction to the anasthesia. Until about an hour ago, anything that remotely looked like sitting or standing up turned me as white as a ghost. Now, I am feeling pretty good. I just took a walk down the hall to talk to a friend (I made on the test day) that received Stalif L5/S1 and Activ L @ L4/5. The first thing he asked me about was my back pain. I told him IT'S GONE....at least the pain that I knew. My bones feel sore, but I am not feeling the shooting pains down the legs, nor the knifing mechanical pain in my back. I received the surgical report from Dr. Zeegers this morning. It's basically his dictation during the surgery. I found it extremely interesting, as he is describing what he is seeing as he is going about his businees. For examply, he repositioned L5/S1 three times before he was satisfied with the placement. I told my wife this morning the same thing I shared with Mark a couple of months ago. "We went to the right guy for the right surgery." The rest is in God's hands, and we can live with that. I think under any other scenario, I would look back and what if things to death. It is so great having my wife and son with me. As I mentioned before, she had her doubts before we got here, but having lived through the last couple of days and seeing the quality of care we have received, she is so glad that we came. I know any of you considering something like this want and need the full support of your spouse/family. My 3 month old son has been a rock star here. He is loving Munich and Munich is loving him...and I cannot imagine not having them here.

The Bionic Man - "We'll make him better than he was before...Better, Stronger, Faster"...well not quite but you get the idea

Last edited by Firerescuefin; 10-11-2008 at 03:49 PM.