View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Administrator

I've been trying to nail Diane down for a 6-month update, but she never stops moving. So... here is my abbreviated version.

Diane's surgery was March 30th (L4-L5-S1 ProDisc w/Dr. Bertagnoli, Bogen, Germany). These pictures were taken 10/31 - 7 months post-op. This week, Diane is finishing her 4th week back at work as an RN, full time. She chose not to return to working on a surgical floor, because the 12.5 hour shifts doing the physical work that floor nursing involves may be too much. I'll leave it to her to describe her new job, but it's a grind with a little commute and a M-F job. It will be great to stop paying $1300/month for Cobra.

We talk about the grind, but we do not talk about back pain or leg pain. I'm not suggesting that she is pain free. There is some minor back and leg pain that is provoked by activity, but it takes a lot... she's very close to normal... as much as any 50 y-o w/2 spine surgeries can expect to be.

Sorry for the blurred photo, but Zoey is faster than a cheetah. Diane is still faster than her... but not for long. Both are faster than I am!

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org