View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Default re the first ESI

I've been getting lumbar ESIs for the last 7 years and they are extremely helpful to me w/pain relief. I will state that the first one is the worst one I ever had and not because it hurt at the time of the procedure as I believe I had some level of anesthesia but rather because it seems that with the first one there's more discomfort at least for myself it lasted a full 3 days feeling like a the beginning of a flare up with increased pain in the area that normally hurt (or like my back was going out all over again).

That was the only time it ever really hurt for more than a day after the procedure itself altho usually one is advised that there can be increased pain for up to 7-10 days but that's not been my experience and over the last few years I just relatively low to no pain afterwards or only some discomfort but I still rest that day with ice packs to the area intermittantly.

I do hope you will get good relief and that this will be a limited experience with pain/back probs and you can be back doing what you love~

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 06:10 PM.