View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:08 PM

but the spacer doesn't necessitate removing the whole disk? or am I reading it all wrong

from martyusa cat scan report

L4-L5 There is a mild broad based disc bulge but no herniation or subarticular recess narrowing. The disc bulge causes mild urinary both neural foramina without impingements of the nerve roots. Unchanged from MRI

L5-S1 There is a broad-based disc bulge with a right subarticular disc protrusion touching but not compressing the right S1 nerve root and right subarticular recess. The disc bulge causes mild inferior both neural foramen without impingement of the L5 nerve root. Unchanged from MRI

which would indicate that there is still a disc there?

I wold have thought if the disc was so bad they would have done a PLIF or an ALIF and actually removed the entire disk(this is what happens in a PLIF or ALIF isn't it?), or may of suggested the route of fuse L5-s1 and ADR l4-l5.

I'm just so suprised that most docotrs don't recognise chemical radiculopathy from a damaged disc. My GP thought I was out of my mind whn I even suggested it. I think it is more common than they realise.