Thread: ADR 5 years on
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM

Right on Mark. If you were there during my initial consult I don't think I'd have had surgery with him as you would have known the dishonest statements or he wouldn't have made said statements because you were there. Better yet, you would have steered me towards a surgeon that you knew to be trustworthy, honest, and all that good stuff that you demand from someone dealing with your health. I've confirmed that statements my surgeon made were dishonest. If my surgeon had answered one specific question I had in an honest manner, I would not have had the surgery that I did. I have a different belief about the randomness. IMHO, there are reasons for everything but they are just not understood yet. The future of solving these problems will not come from hardware but from regenerating damaged tissue. Let's hope that with the new politicall environment, stem cell research will pick up and we can be closer to a more natural, physiologic solution that doesn't include non organic metal in our bodies. There are some nasty biofilm infections that the immune system cannot fight once they get attached to hardware in our bodies. Will the hardware makers go quietly or will they be like the big 3 automakers that still want to produce gas guzzling SUV's and go the way of the dinosaurs. I know many who will be glad to pay a premium for relief.

Okay, I've gotten off topic a bit Jim but I believe my experience can help other patients which is why I shared.

John
Dynesys stabalization and decompression May 07
Removed Nov 08 Due to persistant debilitation bilateral nerve pain which resolved with removal

Last edited by johnb; 11-20-2008 at 05:27 PM.