Thread: Dynesys removal
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 PM

Default re elderly parents

John,
I know what you mean re not planning any surgeries soon. Back when the 2 level ADR was authorized re a trial ('03?) I could have had it done and Dad was fine, I think my Mother hadn't passed away yet.

Now Dad is 87 living alone in Florida and barely getting around. His general health is good but he's quite fragile after his car accident this past Feb and consequent decline in his mobility/outtings. He's dependent on friends that take him to the store, meals on wheels and some other elderly folk in his building that bring by meals.

I'm going to visit him for 2 months shortly but I will fly lying down across 3 coach seats on a nonstop flight. I've found I cannot deal with even the one stop flights well. Exhausting with all that being early to the airport, luggage, super shuttle early and so forth.. I'm dead beat by the time I think about it all!

My ESIs are just really so I can be there and try to be helpful to him. Recently I've developed a case of bilateral posterior tibeal tendonitis and I hope I've not ruptured the left side. Will be seen tomorrow with an OSS specializing in this area and hope that the Podiatrist's diagnosis was correct and I am just going to be a slow go to heal vs. requiring any more foot surgery (other stuff).

Sounds like you've no need for the Lyrica now and that's GREAT! Hope the low back pain will resolve fairly well on it's own and allow you to be able to tend your Mom Ok.