View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
I don't agree on avoiding discectomy. All spine surgeries should be avoided if possible. However, if you are a good candidate for a discectomy; properly done in a timely manner, it represents an excellent opportunity heal up and avoid bigger surgeries. I DO NOT believe the "90% of discectomy patients never need another spine surgery" statement that we hear from the surgeons. I do believe that for SOME of us who do not respond well to conservative treatment, it represents the best chance for long term success. (Long term success may be defined as simply avoiding bigger surgeries for some number of years... not necessarily forever.)

Mark
Your probably right. Since my point of view is skewed as I am in more pain/ feel worse off after the op than before. So perhaps the operation is a very good operation, but its application and the way the surgeon determines whether your a good candidate is poor.

Strictly speaking, the operation was 100% successful, as I have no nerve impingement, leg raises ok, bend ok. Just unfortunately I have nerve irritation due to something?

Thanks Maria, that looks interesting. Has there been any case study on this product? I actually feel that the glucosamine is working, maybe its just the placebo effect, but I feel I am improving over the long time.