Thread: Dynesys removal
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 AM

John,
You mention the angle of your pedicle screws....All 4 of mine are angled different, so much so I asked my surgeon if I had tweaked them. He said it is just the way he had to put them in. I have much more back pain since Dynesys. I mainly had right leg pain before which correlated to my herniation at L5-S1. I also have a buldge at L4-L5 and some stenosis, typical stuff.
So I think you are saying taking out the Dynesys was worse then putting it in. I have asked my surgeon for a new MRI on lumbar spine. I have not had one since Dynesys. He told me it isn't justified even with my continued back and leg pain. I am just tired of dealing with the medical system right now so as long as I can do some basic functions in life I will not push. There is other things to so in life then go to medical appts....really tired of those appts.

I was looking in to amtrack for traveling as opposed to flying. How much does the sleeper cost? I have never been on the train but I have heard the food is good and is included if you have a roomette/sleeper.