View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:26 AM

Default Injections

Early on I too did injections and got good relief. Some clinicians tell you they want to do 3 injections. The clinician I had would do 1 and see how I felt, then it was my decision if I wanted to schedule another one with a limit of 3 per year. Since good relief was obtained with the first one but didn't find the procedure too unpleasant (also the Dr. administering them was quite attractive, I decided to do an 2nd one and got a bit more relief out it but decided not to do a 3rd one. Compared to surgery, the risks are minimal but not zero. You will sign a consent form which lists the potential complications. If you are curious about risks, you can google "epidural steriod injection risks" and get more info.

Some clinics want you to do 3 injections no matter what. IMHO, this to maximize revenue as this service is a fat money maker for the clinics. Remember that you are the patient and you are the one assuming the risks. We patients should not have to assume extra risks if we have already recieved a desired benefit just so they can fatten their pockets.

John
Dynesys stabalization and decompression May 07
Removed Nov 08 Due to persistant debilitation bilateral nerve pain which resolved with removal