View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Default New Back Patient Requesting Information

Hi Everyone.

I was directed to this site by my son who exchanges alot of information here. (Eddie G) He has been coming here for years and made alot of serious decisions for his treatment using information he got here. He said I should post my info and ask for help so here it is...

I had a fall in a parking lot back in August. I fractured my toe, I have shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain, lower back pain and pain going down the right leg especially when laying down. I can't stand for too long without horrible pain. I cant do my job. I can't sleep at night because of the severe pain down my leg. I went to physical therapy which was a little helpful. I went to a pain management doctor and my CAT scan revealed 2 herniated discs at L2-L3 and L4-L5.
I would like to know if there are any options for my treatment?
I had an injection using a Flourscope. They injected Cortizone into my sciatic nerve but was not considered an epidural. I can't get an epidural injection because I take Coumadin for my mechanical aortic heart valve and I am at risk for blood clots so my options are limited.
What would be a good therapy for me? My son says I should try Neurontin but I don't know if I can take that with Coumadin.
Should I look into chiropractic therapy?

Thank you all in advance....

Carol
*Cortizone shot in sciatic nerve with fluoroscopy
*CAT scan
*Diagnosed with Herniation at L2-L3, L4-L5
*Medicare/United Healthcare
*Coumadin 5mg
*Titanium heart valve, (born with defective aortic valve)