Thread: Cymbalta 60 mg?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Cymbalta is a god send for those it can work for

I used Cymbalta. My pain was almost completely eliminated and I was way less depressed. One severe side effect for me though. About 12 hours after taking I have cold sweats, dry heaving and other horrible symptoms for about 2 hours. Then they go away.

I unfortunately cannot take Cymbalta. My doctor suggested that I start at lower doses but it has been my experience that when I have that violent a reaction to anything no smaller dose build up will ever work. I have a severe lamb and goat allergy that reacts the same way. It doesn't matter weather I have one bite or a whole bunch I still get the same reaction.

I wonder what the pharmacology of Cymbalta is?

Good luck to anyone who can use it and I will look into that whole thing about the body being used to being in pain but not until the failed fusion in my neck has been repaired.

My lower back fusion "repair" is going well so far. Since removing the titanium rods and screws I have no pain at L4-5 levels. But much to my disappointment while he was in there he decided that he had to fuse L5-S1 with PEET still using titanium screws though. I wish he had awakened me and given me the choice. It was a 4 hour procedure and I spent 10 days in the hospital because of complications due to Chronic Myolitic Leukemia which the cure "Gleevec" caused my bone marrow to be lazy and not produce any blood cells. I required 2 transfusions and still may need another after going back on my full dose to keep me in cytogenic and hemotologic remission.
5 surgeries so far total on my back only
about the whole fusion in the US thing

Last edited by lmkg; 12-29-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add signature