View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Default **NEW** w/ a question....

Hi there,

I am new to this site. I stumbled on this site while I was searching out answers to a symptom I had recently. I am hoping there might be someone here who can answer my question.

I had an L5 Laminectomy w/ bilateral foraminotomies at L4/5, L5/S1 in 2004. Since then I can't complain, I have had the odd pain here and there but NOTHING compared to what it was prior to surgery.

Almost 2 weeks ago I was walking out of my garage and where the driveway meets the garage floor there was a patch of ice and I wiped out, falling on to my butt. Instantly I had pain in my low back, but I was not too concerned right away cuz I figured that i would be sore cuz I just fell. The couple days after it settled down a little bit, when all of a sudden the pain came back with a vengence. I have had pain in my low back going down my right leg, the pain and pressure in my low back in UNREAL!! I decided to go to a Walk In clinic, they gave me pain meds and told me to get an xray done, which I did. I have heard nothing back for 4 days so I am going to assume the xray was ok....The pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds seem to be helping with the pain, at least making it bearable.

The symptom that happened and concerned me is-

The other night I was sitting reading a book when all of a sudden I felt a 'strange' feeling in my left foot, (it is hard to explain exactly what the feeling was, almost felt like it was swelling but it wasn't) then all of a sudden I couldn't feel my foot and was unable to wiggle my toes or even pull my foot up. I did change my position and get up and started walking it off and it went back to normal, I haven't had it again since then.......just pain down the leg and some cramping....

Would anybody be able to offer me some insight on what is happening or if I should be concerned etc??

THANK YOU!!
Softball.Princess (S.P