View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM

Default medication problem-indomethacin high BP and HR

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying. I noticed the "not yet" in your answer regarding cervical ADR surgery. Are you getting close to surgery again? If you end up having cerv. ADR, would you go back to Germany or stick closer to home now that FDA has approved ProDisc C for use here in the states?

I am feeling better today than I have since surgery. Turns out that a med Dr. Chapman wanted me to take for 2 weeks (indomethacin - a strong anti inflammatory) was causing extremely high blood pressure and heart rate. I usually don't have any problems with either of those issues, but my BP was up to 170/100 with a resting pulse of 102! Yikes.....it would really be a bummer if I finally got my neck fixed and then had a stroke! I took my last dose (only a couple days early at the suggestion of my G.P.) yesterday early morning and ever since than, my BP and HR have been coming down and my energy and over all feeling of well being have risen! Yeah.....I think I am on the right path now!

I haven't decided how many more days or weeks of sick leave to use. I originally booked myself out of the office for 3 weeks. From your reply, it sounds like you've seen people who've had my surgery return to normal activities anywhere from a week post op to several weeks or months? If you had to say what the average time off of work or regular activities for a 3 level cervical ADR, what is your best guess? My pain level is almost non existant (although still on pain meds...going to do a slow, 10 week taper). However....mentally....I feel very protective of my "new" neck. I am hesitant to do anything that might risk messing it up. I haven't driven yet and Dr. Chapman's PT staff said to limit lifting to 5 pounds until my post op appt. on 1/29/09.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had a multi level cervical ADR procedure.

Thanks!

Melody