View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Melody, it sounds like you have flexibility in scheduling. If you can decide on day 17 if you'll start work on day 22, why not wait and see??? There may be a substantial difference in just a few days.

***** DON'T OVERDO IT ***** Just because you CAN go back to work doesn't mean you SHOULD go back to work. Would I be guessing correctly if going back to work means you'll actually have responsibilites and have to do stuff and you'll likely get into it and have to get it done?

BTW, anecdotal evidence from other patients is great, but the questions like "when can I go back to work and when can I drive" are doctor questions! (He may be even more wishy washy than we are, but it's his call.)

I had C3-4, C5-6-7 ProDisc-C scheduled for later this month with Bertagnoli, but decided that I'm currently doing too well to consider such a big surgery. I'll wait and see. I need new imaging and don't have myelopathic symptoms, so my decision is a 'quality of life' decision, not one that considers spinal cord damage.

Take care... talk to you soon...

Mark

**** DON'T OVERDO IT WHEN YOU START TO FEEL GOOD.... RAMP UP YOUR ACTIVITIES SLOWLY!!! ****
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org