View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 AM

Default return to work after surgery

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your insight. Sorry to hear that you are facing a mulit level Prodisc C surgery, but glad to hear that your symptoms haven't progressed enough to require that it be done right away.

You are right about return to work and driving being good questions/calls for Dr. Chapman.....but he is so busy that my post op appt. isn't until January 29th....a month to the day after my surgery. I suspect that I will be feeling good enough to return to work long before then. I know that Dr. Chapman's policy regarding driving is "RED LIGHT" until his patients are off of narcotics. I am starting a 10 week taper this week....and again....plan on returning to work long before that. I have been working and otherwise living a fairly full life thanks to the benefits of narcotics for several years. I think it is probably more of a liability issue than anything else....I've heard that is a common sentiment amoung surgeons and others who prescribe narcotics. If I don't hear from others with my post, I'll spend a couple hours searching through old posts to see what I can find.

Good luck with your spine issues!

Melody