View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 AM

Mark is right. In early August, I developed an ear infection that did not respond to the antibiotic prescribed. I went back and was prescribed Keflex, which cured my ear infection, but led to hives from head to toe and thrush in my mouth and throat. A day or two later, I reinjured myself at work, apparently at C3-4 (I had injured C4-7 in 1995 and had CED surgery in 2000). OK, so I am going to doctors what seemed like every few days, due to the cervical problem (and resulting horrible pain) and the ear infection, hives, and thrush. Two weeks after starting the anti-thrush medication, I mention to my primary physician that I still have a strange feeling in my throat, as if something is stuck. She looks and tells me I have one patch of thrush remaining, sort of where the adam's apple is. She remarks that it is strange that it is only in that one spot. So I start a second round of anti-thrush meds. Two weeks later I go back and tell her it STILL feels like something stuck in my throat. She looks and says no thrush. She then takes two swabs (one at a time) and sticks them down my throat and orders blood tests. I get a call a few days later--nothing wrong with my throat.

I go back to the WC doctor who looks at my MRI and asks me if I have a sensation of something pushing my esophagus. He shows me on the films where a bone spur is pushing forward. Bingo.

At times, it feels like something stuck in my throat. Occasionally, food gets stuck going down and I cough and choke. Sometimes it wakes me up. It is very very annoying.