Thread: Welcome Newbies
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:06 AM

Hello,

My name isn't really trkdoc714, it's Bob. I'm married with the oldest being 36 and youngest 2 years old. There's several in between and once I inventory them, I'll report back with an accurate count.

My wife has made the choice of having an ADR at C5/6 as opposed to a fusion. Her initial diagnosis was to fuse C4 thru 7 or her head would fall off in a few weeks. We found her a great surgeon who offered her either the single level ADR or fusion. She'll be joining I-Spine tomorrow I think.

I've been having back issues for almost three years. I've seen 5 (oh yeah, I have 5 children) or 6 Ortho or Neurosurgeons. The diagnosis have been: fuse X 2, fuse X 4, there's nothing wrong with you drugs won't help (where was this guy during the college years?), fuse X 1 and Laminectomy X 3. Next month I have an appointment with a surgeon from Stenum. I'll take my films and Xrays to get his opinion.

Well, that's me. I'm glad to be here and relieved to find a more relaxed atmosphere. I'm ready to learn, support and be supported.

Bob

Oh yeah. I can be a little more longwinded than Kathy.
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.