View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 PM

Default Welcome

Adrienne,
I have had two discectomies to date and spent longer on the fence than anyone here I think with regard to progressing on to a 3rd surgery which could have been 3 level global fusion as recommended back in 1998-2001 or 2 level ADR during trials in 2003 or ADR at L4 and Fusion at L5S1 back in 2006.

I have not been working since 2000 and have found fair relief with pain meds and ESIs as long as I don't sit for long at all. It's a limited life but not one of terrible pain as I was dealing with for a very long time.

When the flare ups and the uncontrolled pain hits I tend to want to have surgery done because I think it could help. I also know that my spine is becoming worsened with time as I wait, at least as far as in progressive osteoporosis which could limit surgery at all for me in the future.

This could be good, it could be bad. Who knows. Luck of draw I guess as far as my own body/results.

I am not one who has had any spine surgery recently (last one in '92) so I know great strides have been made and there are surgeons and there are masters~ and of course there are fortunate patients whose bodies respond very well to the best surgical technique/mastery.

Should you enter into any surgical endeavor, pick a master and I hope that surgical skill/technique and all else utilized will match with your bodily ability to respond as desired to alleviate pain.

Glad you are here~ I understand the *waffling*