View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention all the treatment I've gone through, so here's that.

PT - stretching, massage and ultrasound all felt good, but when I would try to do strengthening exercises I would have more pain. None of the PT helped reduce my pain.

ESI's - have had three, each only gave me limited reduction in pain, which only lasted about a week each time.

Facet injection, and block - nothing.

Acupuncture - nothing.

I have lower back pain, more pronounced on the right. I have pain that goes into my right hip and into the front of my thigh down toward the inside of my knee, this seems to be more controlled since starting on the Opana. Occasionally I have had pain that goes into my butt, both sides. And since the discogram I now have slight numbness and sort of a tingly feeling, in both lower legs and heels, more on the right than left. In fact this morning was the first time that pain abruptly awoke me from sleep (though pain in general seems to keep me from sleeping well), and it was pain in my right heel. I was able to move positions and the pain abated.

And this past week or so I've begun to feel a stretching, pulling like pain farther up on my back (still lower back though), when I bear down in the bathroom or if I lean forward.