View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
Hi Cathy,

It's great to hear you have a good PM doc. I also have a lumbosacral transitional vertebrae. How many other surgical opinions are you planning on getting (you mention one other neurosurgeon)? Just taking a glance at your background info, it looks like you have 3 bad levels? (Is this right? I've been studying all day, so I'm in a haze.)
Yes, my S1 is partially lumbarized. And I've been wondering if that might have in some way contributed to my condition, having some movement where there shouldn't be. And I wonder if my mom or sister have the same anatomy, the scientist in me wants to know, but neither of them has had mri's.

It is 2 bad levels, L5-S1 and L4-5, though after reading the discogram results I don't know if I should be worried about L3-4 going. Which has me leaning toward ADR at L4-5 and fusion at L5-S1.

I'm not sure about getting other opinions, at first I didn't think it was necessary to get a second opinion, but some of the docs in the lab convinced me it would be a good idea.

Quote:
Well, keep us posted on your appts and how things are panning out.
Will do. Thanks.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone