View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Distraught over friend's cancer progression

Hi all,

We have a very dear friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer over 4 years ago. He has never smoked a cigarette in his life. It's pretty amazing he is still around, for which we are very thankful. (having lost both my Dad and my brother to lung cancer, as they were gone 5 months after diagnosis) He has been through over 9 different trials of drugs over the years. He's of stubborn, never give up German descent. He has been able to give away 2 of his 3 daughters over this 4 + year time period, and hopefully, will bear witness to the birth of his first grandchild in March. I just found out this morning his cancer has spread to his brain. I am just sick with grief. They just left for a 2 hour consult with his doctor, so I should know a bit more after this appointment. I believe they are going to try yet another, stronger drug. Don't know the name of it yet. He is such a fighter. It just has not entered his mind to stop fighting and enjoy what remaining time he has left, with perhaps some better quality of life. He's a bulldog, I tell you. Anyway, I would just like to request prayers for him to any of you who are of such a persuasion to pray. I firmly believe this is what has kept him alive so far. His name is Terry. Thank-you for letting me express this here.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by Cindylou; 01-20-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add his name