View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Default 1 2 3

Discograms. I've had 3 done on lumbar levels and multiple (3) levels tested.
Bad pain at L4, and worst at L5S1 but not any worse pain than when my back would go out on it's own and actually quite fleeting pain.

The 2nd time after the procedure I had Marcaine injected at the levels injected for some relief and the 3rd time I had an ESI after the procedure for even longer lasting relief.

But even after the 1st time when I had nothing done to alleviate pain afterwards the pain I had lasted only 3 days and I was back to work on a Monday feeling even better than I had felt before the procedure which I thought was perhaps my discs had been hydrated a bit... who knows, just felt better.

I'm not really a glutton for pain it's just that there's been a time span over which these discograms have been done ranging from 2001-2006.

I did not proceed with the proposed spine surgery in 2001 (3level global fusion) or in 2003 (2 level ADR in trials) or in 2006 (hybrid surgery with ADR at L4 and fusion at L5S1).

I'm not telling anyone to wait but at least to make as informed a choice as you are able and feel as comfortable as possible with your decision in terms of surgeon and surgery because as mentioned no one has to live with your results except you (and your family maybe) but not the doctor or the claims adjustor (they each have plenty of patients but you've only got one).