View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:15 AM

Default he's the guy

That slammed dunked it to me via a 30 minute phone conversation before he ate his dinner at home advising me on poor outcomes with 3 level global fusions.

I had called around various spine surgeon offices back in 2001 when my OSS recommended a 3 level global fusion and Dr.Dillin was on his list of 3 surgeons for 2nd surgical opinion. Dr. Dillin's secretary took my information and I actually didn't expect a call back because it was probably close to 7p.m. when he called me back one evening.

Dr. Dillin very kindly took the time to talk to me and really just impressed upon me that outcomes with this degree of spine surgery weren't all that favorable tho he would be willing to see me in the office and would want to have the discogram at the hospital he was then affiliated with.

Ok ~ I am so glad this busy surgeon took the time to speak with me. I have since then always been thankful everytime I hear his name and that I made the decision not to have that magnitude of surgery 8 years ago. I've had some very decent pain relief with ESI and low dose pain meds in last 8 years and several years that were just awesome in terms of relief. Mark, if you get a chance, please thank him for me!

Last edited by Maria; 01-21-2009 at 02:23 AM.