Thread: ???????
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 AM

I'm no expert, but I believe the lami defect is because they remove a part of the bone surrounding the nerve root's exit, to give it more room, hopefully decreasing irritation on it. That shows in later studies as an area where the bone is gone. Since part of your disc was removed to get it off the nerve, there is no longer as much material there between the two vertebrae. That's the 'narrowed disc space'. The disc degenerates faster once it's been cut on. This became my problem after 2 of these surgeries at the same level. Unfortunately it caused a lot of pain whenever I was upright because the disc just couldn't support my spine. Did you lose a lot of disc height?? Does it give an adverb like mildly/moderate/severe? I had very similar reports and were told they were 'negative findings' despite the pain it was causing.
13 docs, 9 PT's, 8 Epidurals, 3 trigger point inj, 1 Facet Block, 1 Acupuncturist, 3 Chiros and 1 child later, had L4-5 ProDisc placed 9-19-06 by Dr. Janssen in Denver, CO. Facet rhizo March, 2007, November 2007, January 2009
Had healthy baby boy #2 in Dec 2008 with use of some meds during pregnancy and nursing.