View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:45 PM

Default find another doctor for an opinion at least

Softball Princess,
You may have an aggravation of the same disc area if you've disc material left in there which I'd be willing to bet that you have. It may have rebulged at the same level or perhaps even the level above.

It's not that I can give a qualified answer I'm just throwing out basically what happened to me with rebulging and/or the disc above bulging as having a discectomy at one level usually makes that level weaker and more prone to further problems. Maybe not right away tho generally I believe eventually.

The symptoms might go away with time. It took nearly 9 months for the symptoms of an L4 bulge to quiet down for me but I already had surgery scheduled (another discectomy at L4 after one done at L5S1). That didn't end up well and actually just set my spine up for ongoing probs. No big surprise I guess.

Anyway, you deserve at least the benefit of being properly diagnosed and I suggest seeing someone and asking for an MRI since your symptoms are still there nearly a month now from the fall.

Maybe even just an epidural steroid injection is something that would help settle down some aggravation back there but only a qualified doctor who is willing to listen to you and check it out will be able to tell you.

Should you have these symptoms seek attention immediately: loss of bowel or bladder tone (urinating without control and bowel movement w/o feeling it or control), loss of function of an extremity, loss of feeling of an extremity (complete numbness), loss of tone and function, severe excrutiating pain that is unrelieved by rest or medications and/or any general medical symptoms that would warrent immediate attention (any other symtoms you would go to the doctor or ER for such as a temperature of 101 degrees F or above that is unrelieved with usual medications/time and so on etc.

If you've got partial or complete dropfoot don't wait till 2/24.

Last edited by Maria; 01-21-2009 at 12:50 PM.