View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:31 PM

Default Saw my new pain management doctor today

Hi everyone,

I had my appt. today with my new pain management team. I really liked them alot. (you meet with a nurse, a nurse practioner, and then the doctor) They are going to try me on a longer acting pain med, and then use the percocet just for break through pain. I've always thought this made more sense, instead of popping pills every 4 hours for chronic pain. When he examined me, he also thinks I have some significant SI joint issues. He couldn't give me any SI joint injections today, however, as once again, I have to be off the coumadin for 5 days. So I have an appt. on February 6 for those injections on both sides, and to see how the meds are working. It was a long day over there, and I was hurting so much I had to come directly home. I need to get back out to get the scripts filled, but........I may wait till my husband gets home from work and ask him to do it for me. The saint. Anyway, I was very encouraged meeting with them. Hopefully, this will give me some good relief to enjoy Mexico. I can't get out of here fast enough. Thank-you all so much for the support.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.