View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Update...

Hi again!!!

I just wanted to post a short update on my condition. I guess I really don't belong here as I saw a WONDERFUL doc in Omaha (the only spine-only center in the area) who was young, a spiney himself and had done his Fellowship at TBI, making him aware of the new technologies available in the US. His dx was that I am NOT a candidate for ADR as: my disc space at L5 S-1 is too narrowed, and my facet joints are degenerated at all 3 affected levels beyond the point of it being a viable alternative. So, having him advise against a 3 level fusion (and refusing) I will let the chips fall where they may...hoping that auto fusion leaves me in good shape, with no more added pathology.

The good news is that after putting up with 3 years of hoop jumping and abuse by a narco-phobic PM doc and her incompetent, uncaring staff I have landed with 2 top notch PM docs who keep me comfortable. One is my PCP (go figure) and he is great! I also consult with a PM doc in Omaha semi-annually or so also. So even though I am not wild about the prospects of being on meds the rest of my life, at least the process is easy and painless. (no pun)

I did land the job of my dreams in April, but after a political sabotage in late September I found myself unemployed. At least I know I can work now...and I am pursuing other opportunities. That is worth SO MUCH to me!

Again, thanks for the invite and the link. I don't know what I can do to help here, but I will certainly give it my best and enjoy the hearing all of the success stories! Keep up the GREAT work. You (Mark) are a shining star for all of us. Congrats too on your expansion of the business!

Have a great day all!

Love,
Shelley