View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 PM

Mark acts like a guide. This is a tough decision to make as, it would cost you money to go this route. If you feel comfortable and confident that you can handle your own affairs, then a broker may not be the best course of action. If you want someone to schedule everything for you and guide you through the process, with some hand holding, then a consultant is the way to go.

I did my own research, got many opinions and recommendations, tried many alternatives, and, at the end of the day, I was still faced with the clear knowledge that surgery was the only option left for me. I made my own arrangements and, have been comfortable with the decisions I made, where I went and, am satisfied with the outcome.

When the pain becomes suffering, a decision needs to be made as your quality of life is interfered with. This is the point that I had gotten to as, I knew I had lived a good life and so, I prayed to die. I walked with a cane for almost a year and was hunched over like a little old man. I was absolutely miserable. There is an old expression that I use to help me get out of being immobilized.

F.*ck
E.verything
A.nd
R.un

OR

F.ace
E.verything
A.nd
R.ecover

It's still a tough place to be in. There will be support here for you no matter what choices you make.

From A Fellow Spiney,

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5