View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 PM

Thank you, all, for your responses and don’t give a second thought to being pushy. Pull up a pulpit and preach away! I’m here to gather perspective and any and all are appreciated. Don’t worry, either, about exerting any undue influence. I don’t even take the Dr.’s advice at face value.

All this time I’ve been thinking that’s it’s too bad there aren’t professional logicians for hire, people to help you get the needed tests, sort the info, etc. I wish I would have known about Mark two years ago!!! But I think I’ve managed to garner a range of opinions from well-respected M.D’s in the SF Bay Area ..and beyond: Dr. Yue from Yale, Dr. Serena Hu from UCSF, Dr. Gorek from Kaiser N.Cal spine center, and Dr Caragee, head of orthopedic surgery at Stanford. Would that they had come to a consensus, however.

All I really know that I need to unload that disc, the sooner the better. Face Everything And Recover, how right you are, Terry.
I can’t imagine how hard it must be for, say, a cancer patient to make a decision between types therapies. In the grand scheme of medicine, this decision isn’t so major. I’ll live, no matter what.

Had to laugh, Maria, with your Face Everything And Do Nothing. A waffler after my own heart.

Thanks again; can’t tell you how much I appreciate your answers and opinions.
Adrienne