View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM

Hey CL,

If you haven't been on a medication consistently, it will take some time to reach a therapeutic level. Unfortunately, you can't speed up this process. In the meantime, you may need to adjust your dosing based on your current pain levels. You can also take half of the percocet in between your regular doses to help bridge the peaks and valleys until you have a therapeutic level in your system. What you are experiencing is normal.

Good luck and feel free to PM with any specific questions... (as always, this should not be regarded as medical advice). BTW... have FUN on your vacation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylou View Post
I am noticing (granted, after being on this extended release less than 24 hours!) that the 10 mg. is just not cutting it. Does it take awhile to get into the system? I took 1 dose last night at 6pm and a second dose at 6 am this morning. I'm only supposed to take 2 percocet a day for break thru, and I have already taken 1 today, and it is only 1:10 pm. Is this normal? Now I'm really nervous about going out of the country tomorrow. Should I call the pain management clinic to give them a head's up?? Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Cindylou
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.

Last edited by Justin; 01-22-2009 at 09:32 PM.