View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Hi Phylly,
Im new here and have just posted for the first time, then I read your post. My heart goes out to you so much, I am currently awaiting one of two possible revision surgeries.
I had a L4-5 fusion and prodisc L3-4 5 months ago, to cut a long story short I have had pain so much worse after surgery, and have had various nerve block injections and Facet joint injections.
My first revision surgery is to be done in April, to add more screws and a rod system to my fusion as im still hypermobile and at risk of breaking the screws. Its also just been discovered that I have facet joint problems at L3-4 at the prodisc site.
Im in the uk, and unsure of what my options will be for the prodisk at the moment, but I can fully understand how you feel, its a horrible place to be when a surgery has failed, and the answers if any seem so far away.
I have to have the first revision done as im not going to fuse in a hypermobile area and its risky to leave it long. And the facets cause so much pain, like you my life is at a standstill, and controlled more by pain now than ever.
My heart goes out so much to you, I guess that you feel terrible right now, and I send you my warmest thoughts.
I hope that we find the strength and the answers to our situations.
hugs
sarah