View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 PM

Sarah:

I am so sorry that you are struggling. This is such new technology that it is difficult in determining who is going to be successful with it and who isn't. It holds such promise compared to fusion surgery but, there are so many unknowns. On one hand, I can understand insurance companies, claiming that it is experimental and investigational, to deny payment, as the longevity is still an issue. Some, with facet issues, still do well with ADR and, some do not. I just hope that they can get you back to a decent quality of life, where you can do what you love to do. I am in a similar position of having pain after my ADR surgery. I had SI joint injections before Christmas and am struggling today with pain. I am far older than you but, equally scared of the possibility of becoming disabled, and not able to support myself. I will pray for you that God gives you the healing you deserve as you are a gift to others in pain. It just seems so unfair about who is stricken. We need good nurses in the world, as you care for people when they cannot.

May God be with you and your family.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5

Last edited by Terry Allen Blackburn; 01-26-2009 at 12:46 PM.