View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:54 PM

Cathy,

Dr. Yue is at Yale. Trying to think, but somebody just had surgery in New York City. Delamarter is in Santa Monica, CA; Zeegers, Munich, Germany. I think he is more expensive than Dr. B maybe since he's in Munich as opposed to Bogen which is a small city.

I believe if you ask Mark Minster (look at member mmglobal which will give you his business site), he can set you up for a quick consultation with Dr. Bertagnoli. He can probably tell you about other surgeons in the U.S., but I believe he won't answer on this site - conflict. You can get a recommendation from him, it doesn't mean you have to go to Germany. It costs around $250 for the actual consultation whether you go thru Mark or Dr. B and Mark would be faster. Asking Mark questions is free (within reason - lol).

I don't know which device you're looking at, but Yue and Bertagnoli use ProDisc (may use others) which I've heard is not as forgiving when it comes to facets.

You can also call Synthes, the manufacture of Prodisc-L, and ask them for doctor's names that are doing ADR lumbar surgery. Then you have to call them and ask how many they have done. Sorry that it takes so much work to find out what you want to do.

I don't remember if you've tried getting insurance coverage for ADR in the U.S. But if you can't, the cost is usually less in Germany, even with the exchange rate, flight, etc. If you can't get insurance coverage, the doctor and hospital here will give you approximate costs - and I think without insurance they will give you a better price.

Good luck and God Bless, Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany

Last edited by SandyW; 01-26-2009 at 05:57 PM.