View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM

Dale,

Sorry to hear you can't get along without the anti-inflammatories. Maybe the doctor can try something other than Celebrex. Sometimes we have to give in and take those pills. Just wish you could have managed without.

I know I would feel much better if I could take anti-inflammatories. Have taken OC ibuphrophen for years and it worked so well. Started having severe chest pains, trips to the emergency room. Had all the heart tests. Doctors decided my heart was fine, but my stomach wasn't.

My husband takes OC ibuphrophen for his ankle replacement in 2001 and more now for his back pain - up to 9. Sure hope he has a strong tummy. Doesn't need any pain meds for the back yet. He reads all your posts and says "no way do I want lumbar surgery." He's getting smarter about using his back correctly, more core building and less lifting. Hasn't had the legs go out on him for 6 months or so.

Best wishes and hang in there - be cool ! Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany