View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Default Getting Ready

Dale, You are correct, I feel that I am nesting and getting everything in order. Isn't that what we women do? I am trying to get an adjustable bed for my recovery. I made the decision to go with Dr. Carlson.

Mark, I am not sure what you meant in your post? I guess the LA orange drive drove me nuts yesterday so i may have over-reacted some. The distance is not the whole factor. Dr. Carlson wants what is best and he has removed several discs himself. He is cautious and will retract the psosas muscle and not try to move any scared arteries or veins. I believe his approach is similar to Dr. Regan. I think I made my decision because I believe in him and he will be there for me. If I went with another Dr. he would be okay with that too and still be there for me. I am sure Dr. Regan is terrific too but my gut is telling me to do this closer this time.

I did the LA guru for the discs and my result was not that great. It was a gamble but I never heard that there could be any problems only the successes. I could never reach Dr. Delamarter to talk to when I needed to. I have searched my soul on this one and cannot see any reason not to trust Dr. Carlson. Please PM me or call if we should talk more.

Sarah p., my thoughts are with you too. You have a lot on your plate and I understand when we have more than one part to deal with. When I started this undertaking years ago my goal was one area at a time. I am still stuck in the lumbar area and cannot move forwards until this is done. My heart goes out o you. Being in pain is hard enough and the waiting is so hard too. April seems so far away. I feel like it takes so much energy to get through each day and I am so glad when I can take a sleeping pill and go to bed each night. I hope that you can get your spine stabilized and also take care of the pain at the ADR site as well. It is too bad that they cannot do both at the same time?. I promise to keep in touch and send ehugs to you. I hope you will also keep me posted.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09