View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
What about all the financial institutions getting millions and billions in bailout funds, only to offer multi-million dollar bonuses to their officers?

It took shaming the auto makers into giving up their private planes, and again, just yesterday, a bank that received bailout funds was shamed into not taking possession of a previously ordered private plane.

We're paying for frivolous lifestyles while others are losing their jobs and homes!

My anger and frustration are as deep as my hope. My shame of those whose greed taints all of America is catching up fast.
I know what you are saying as, this is wrong on so many levels. People are struggling to get food and these jerks are wondering if their bonus is going to be as much as last years.

Next Thursday we are giving out a free day of services. It's called; "Project Connect" and it is a way to get people the services they need without any red tape. We are giving out free hair cuts, income tax preparation, gas cards, bags of food, health screening, dental work, vision checks, audiological services, copying, counseling, etc. Last year we planned on helping 150 people and 400 showed up. This year we are planning for 600 people and, hope no more show up or, we'll be overwhelmed.

All I can say is that we as Americans need to help out our fellow man now. It's hasn't ever been up to Big Government to bail us out. I am a Rotarian and sit on many different grass roots community initiatives. All I can say is that, I hope everyone here searches their own heart, and helps out in any way they can, to get us through this. The only way we are going to survive as a people is by what we do for our fellow person.

Please go make a difference instead of giving in to cynicism.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5