View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Terry,

We need more Project Connects... my hat is off to you and all of the volunteers for making this possible. At the end of the day, we are all the same in the eyes of God and we should care for one another regardless of need, education, sexual orientation, age, weight, sex, disability, etc.

God bless efforts like this! It makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Allen Blackburn View Post
I know what you are saying as, this is wrong on so many levels. People are struggling to get food and these jerks are wondering if their bonus is going to be as much as last years.

Next Thursday we are giving out a free day of services. It's called; "Project Connect" and it is a way to get people the services they need without any red tape. We are giving out free hair cuts, income tax preparation, gas cards, bags of food, health screening, dental work, vision checks, audiological services, copying, counseling, etc. Last year we planned on helping 150 people and 400 showed up. This year we are planning for 600 people and, hope no more show up or, we'll be overwhelmed.

All I can say is that we as Americans need to help out our fellow man now. It's hasn't ever been up to Big Government to bail us out. I am a Rotarian and sit on many different grass roots community initiatives. All I can say is that, I hope everyone here searches their own heart, and helps out in any way they can, to get us through this. The only way we are going to survive as a people is by what we do for our fellow person.

Please go make a difference instead of giving in to cynicism.

Terry Newton
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.