View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:48 PM

Hi Phylly,
I can totally understand why you feel fearful, I always thought that after the last lot of surgery nothing again would bother me, but its the thought of it being revision surgery isnt it, and as weve been left with such a negative outcome from the last surgery, the fear that it wont work and improve out lives, I can imagine by the time April comes I will be a nervous wreck!
Its easy for me at the moment to say to you-you will be in good safe hands, and any good surgeon carrying out revision spinal surgery is going to be as careful and as concentrated as he can possible be, it doesnt take the fear of having to go through it away though. i will sit for the whold day on the 10th with my fingers and toes crossed for you!
I agree that sometimes we have to stop ourselves from researching as there are always worrying things that we dont want to read right now!! At least there are fantstic forums where we can chat and share our thoughts feelings and fears, and that makes the world of difference doesnt it?

My consultant here is Mr K Lam in London, Im sure that now the long January is out of the way April will soon get here, I have bad days sometimes when I worry that this will all go on forever, I will never get back to my job, but try to remind myself to take one day at a time and that worrying wont change anything, just need to get through and see how it all works out in the long run! (or in the slow walk I should say!!)

Thinking of you so very much, you are incredibly brave, it takes alot of strength to be able to go through so much.
sending you warmest hugs xxxxx