Thread: Finally Home!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Unhappy Didn't Mean To Freak You Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
I started reading your surgery blog. I decided to stop, because it started getting me nervous about my upcoming surgery this Friday. I will read it when I am recovering and then I can relate a little more! Anyway, I hope your recovery is going good.
Eastex,

I'm sorry if my blog kinda freaked you out. I have been thinking about your upcoming surgery. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me & I will try to answer them the best that I can for you. I wish I had done that myself before the surgery but between getting ready for the surgery & working 2 jobs, I just wasn't able to do it.

Please remember that a lot of the issues that I had after surgery were because of a possible undiagnosed heart issue. I also tend to get very nervous & stressed out in situations which I can't control which probably also had something to do with all that craziness.

All I can suggest is to try & relax which is easier said than done. You can try some of the following to see if it helps you:

If you play an instrument this may help.

I listened to a lot of music which was a great help while I was in the hospital.

You may want to consider starting a surgery diary where you can express all of your feelings. I found this to be helpful for me as well.

I know that as my surgery day approached, I spoke to my husband a lot more about my fears as well as my dreams for a future being in less pain

If you are working still, take the day before surgery off. I didn't do this & wish I had. Less stress would have made things easier

Keep in mind that you can always PM me or post on the board here. I'm sure that we can try & help you the best that we can to help your transition to the other side an easier one.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09