View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Steve,

Have you tried negotiating with your insurance company? Is your surgeon willing to write letters or make phone calls on your behalf? I am one month post op from a 3 level Prodisc C procedure. Initially, my insurance company denied the entire procedure....but after 2 appeals and intervention of my H.R. department and the broker between my employer and the insurance company I made progress. The bills have not yet been completly divided....but at a minimum, my insurance company agreed (in writing) to pay for: Dr, hospital fees and one implant. The cost of the remaining 2 implants is still undecided and may have to be paid for by me....but the cost of the implants (while high) is still much better than the cost of having an entire second procedure. Your doctor might also be able to help bring down the cost of the implants. Most hospitals mark up medical supplies for profit.....and often patients with insurance coverage are charged more than private pay patients. Although I am recovering quickly and fairly easily from the ADR surgery....it isn't something I would want to go through twice if it could be done at one time. Stay in touch with this group and let everyone know what you decide to do.
1975-scoliosis surgery,Harrington Rods, fused T2 to L4
Felt great in 20's and 30's....late 30's started having chronic neck and lower back pain. By 40 pain worsened enough to begin seeking surgical solutions.

ADR surgery much easier recovery than fusion!
This site has been a great source of information for me! I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.