View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Post I'm surprised too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
Thanks so much for sharing everything, I think it is very helpful to prospective patients to know all the things that can happen. I am scared of the post-op pain, I have read so many stories of people whose pain wasn't controlled post-op. Oh well, at least it eventually ends up being controlled for most everyone (I don't want to say everyone, since you can never know for sure).

I am surprised at all the little details that you remember. When I am scared like that, I can't remember anything.

I hope that recovery goes well. Take care of yourself.
I'm surprised too as to how much I remember after the surgery. I think part of the reason why I remember so much is because I was stressed out & wanted to know exactly what was going on.

I was VERY afraid of the post-op pain as well. I don't think mine would have been so bad if I didn't have the complications that I had. As each day passed, the pain became more manageable.

I kept telling myself that my quality of life was severely affected by my back injury & that I had to do something about it. I finally decided to have the surgery as I was tired of being in more & more pain on a daily basis.

The way I looked at it, sure I would be in pain after the surgery. But, as time passed the pain would be lessened if not completely eliminated from my life. To me, it was worth that time of extreme discomfort for a chance to be free from the pain that I had from this injury.

I'm the type of person who likes to prove people wrong when they don't think I can do something. I used this strategy when it came to being scared of this surgery. I turned that fear into strength to fight for what I wanted. I'll admit that it wasn't an easy fight, but it was something that I felt that I had to do.

Gil, I wish you all the best on fighting to get to the other side. Once you are there, you will most certainly feel better! Please keep us updated!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09